Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer camp's no picnic (for me)


She's not here tonight. Off to summer camp for two straight weeks. No calls, and only written correspondence. Ouch. Haven't gone longer than 48 hours speaking to her, ever. But she was so excited - her first camp experience, complete with skiing, horses, archery, campfires. The all-American camp experience. I'd LOVE to go to camp for two weeks.

When I checked her into her cabin, she became fast friends with the girl that grabbed the bunk next to her. Horse lovers seem drawn to each other, and within five minutes - after I unpacked her stuff and made her bed - K was ready for me to "make like a tree and leave." She's going to have a great time, but I'm actually astonished at how much I miss her. And she's only been here, full time, for a week.

I know there will come a time when I'll be trying to find baby sitters, or arrange a sleep over, just so I can get some time to myself. But that's down the road. Right now, I'm thinking this is going to be a long two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment